UVACollab: the University of Virginia’s central online environment for teaching, learning, collaboration, and research.
- UNG D2L Login : Guide to UNG LMS 2021
- UVACollab – UVA Collab login Guide 2021
- UCSD Webreg Login l Enrollment full guide 2021
- Mysacstate Login 2021 – Guide to Mysacstate Portal
- CSUN Canvas Login : Complete Guide to Canvas CSUN 2021
UVACollab partners with faculty, staff, and students in the work that sustains the Academical Village—engaging in interactive discussions, joining virtual meetings, securely storing and sharing materials, and much more.
To use or access uva collab,
- Navigate to collab.its.virginia.edu on your web browser.
- On your top right, click on “UVA Login”
- Select option 2 to log in.
- Enter your UVA computing ID.
- Enter your password.
- Click “Login” to access your UVA SIS dashboard.
- Access your courses on collab.
Reset your password
This password reset service is only available for non-UVA guest users on UVACollab. Enter your UVACollab username (your email address) into the form below and click the Send Password button to receive your new password in email.
UVA Collab Login – Netbadge System
Any current or former UVA faculty member, staff member, or student with a valid UVA password can log into UVACollab via the University’s NetBadge system
Select the UVA Login link in the upper right corner of the UVACollab home page
You will be redirected to the NetBadge login page. Either:
- Use your Digital Certificate to log in by selecting the corresponding Log In button,
- Or enter your UVA computing ID and Password and Log In.
Reset your NetBadge password.
To reset your NetBadge password, follow the instructions
There are three options for resetting your password:
Option 1: Log in to the Identity & Access Management portal (you will be required to log in with your current password or digital certificate).
Option 2: Answer security questions.
Option 3: Request a PIN sent to your recovery email or mobile number.
View courses in UVACollab
The My Courses tool is displayed on the Overview page of your Homesite. My Courses includes a folder for each semester when you are officially enrolled in a course in the Student Information System (SIS).
Within each folder is a list of the semester’s course rosters in which you are enrolled as a student.
Corresponding links to existing UVACollab course sites also appear in My Courses for quick access to these sites.
My Courses appears in the upper-right column of the Overview page in your Homesite.
To view the courses you are teaching (instructor) or courses you are taking (students):
- Select the semester you want to view, e.g., Spring, 2022.
- The Roster column displays all of your rosters for the selected semester based on the latest course data from SIS.
- The UVa Collab Site (if created) column displays links to course sites associated with a roster. Select the site title link to go to that course site.
- If no site is listed in the UVa Collab Site column, this usually means that the instructor has not yet created a site or has not yet associated a corresponding enrollment roster with the site.
Why is a site missing in My Courses?
There are several possible reasons why a course roster may be listed with no site link:
- An instructor has not yet created a site for the course.
- You have just enrolled in a course.
- An instructor has created a site, but has not yet added the course roster to it.
- An instructor has created a course site, but has not yet published it to make it available to students.
- Your instructor is not using UVA Collab for their course. Check with your instructor to see if they are using another location to host the class site.
UVACollab – UVA Library
To request and utilize scans:
Step 1. Make a request in Virgo
- Locate materials you would like to request in the Virgo catalog.
- In an individual item record, scroll to the bottom and click Request a scan. Sign in as prompted. If the Request a scan button is not present, the item may be available digitally or have other restrictions. Use the Ask a Librarian web chat for assistance.
- Under Scan Purpose, select Research if it is for personal research use. Select Instruction if you are an instructor and your request is for use in the classroom.
- Fill out the form and click Submit Request.
- As soon as the request has been filled, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to a PDF of your requested document.
Join a uva zoom meeting – UVA Zoom Login
You can join a meeting via your UVA Collab dashboard. Within UVA Collab, Zoom is referred to as the Online Meetings tool.
For the best experience hosting or joining online meetings, install the Zoom client on your PC or Mac or add the Zoom app to your mobile device.
To access Zoom on your course site,
- Select Online Meetings in the left-hand side main menu.
- From the Online Meetings page, you can view Upcoming Meetings, view upcoming Sessions, and Join a session.
- Click on Upcoming Meetings.
- Click Join.
- On the new window, click Join With Computer Audio.
- You are in.
How to move your existing account to uva zoom account
If you already have an existing Zoom account not associated with your firstname.lastname@example.org email address, you should consider converting the account if you have scheduled meetings or recordings you wish to retain and don’t want to keep paying for a Zoom Pro account. Otherwise, consider keeping your personal account, closing it, and creating a new UVA Zoom account.
If you decide to convert it to a UVA Zoom account, follow these instructions.
- Visit the Zoom website and log in to your existing personal account.
- Verify these things before you change the Sign-In Email (failure to do so could lock out your account permanently):
- If you have any other users associated with your account, they have to be removed prior to converting it to a UVA account. Or the conversion will fail.
- Make sure your account does not owe Zoom money. If you do, the conversion will fail.
- In your Profile, find SIGN-IN EMAIL, and click Edit.
- Update your email address to your email@example.com. Enter your personal Zoom account password, and be sure to click the Save Changes button.
- You will receive an email to your firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. Click the Confirm Change button.
- You will be redirected to a Zoom login page, where you will be required to set a new password.
- You will be prompted to enter your personal Zoom email and password. Then you will be prompted to log in via NetBadge.
- A screen that says Confirm your email address will appear. Click the Confirm your email address button.
- You will receive an email from Zoom (email@example.com) with the subject line Zoom account invitation in your UVA email inbox. Click the Approve the Request button inside the email.
- Once the new window appears, click the I Acknowledge and Switch button.
- You will see a new window that says, Your account has been switched successfully. Click the Sign into Your Current Account button to log in to Zoom.
- Visit the Zoom Download Center to download the Zoom Client, the Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook, the Zoom Extension for Browsers, and more.
How to access uva zoom recordings
When an online meeting created in a UVA Collab site is recorded, site participants can access the recording via the Cloud Recordings tab in the Online Meetings tool.
UVA Zoom recordings are deleted 180 days after they are saved to the Zoom cloud. If you wish to save Zoom cloud recordings before their deletion date, you must download and save the files to an alternate location.
To access and download an online meeting recording on your uva collab,
- Log into Zoom.
- Go to Online Meetings. Select the Online Meetings tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
- Select the Cloud Recordings tab.
- Next, select the topic title. On the Cloud Recordings page, a list of available recordings will display. Click the link that corresponds to the meeting you want to view.
- Select the recording, view and download it.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personal assistance with your question or issue.